3M™ Littmann® Cardiology IV™ Stethoscope
Designed for clinicians who require outstanding acoustic performance combined with exceptional versatility, the new Cardiology IV stethoscope helps clinicians hear more than ever before.
We’ve improved the acoustics so it is easier to catch more of the subtle sounds that make a difference in assessments and diagnoses.
The sounds you barely hear are often the most important: The Cardiology IV stethoscope features and benefits include:
- Single-piece tunable diaphragm allows better audibility of high frequency sounds.*
- Tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides of the chestpiece.
- Single-piece diaphragm that’s easy to attach and easy to clean because the surface is smooth and without crevices.
- Open bell versatility allows the pediatric side to convert to a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with a non-chill sleeve.
- Next-generation tubing with improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol for longer tubing life. Less likely to pick up stains.
- Chestpiece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape. The stem features an open side indicator.
*Adult side, firm pressure.
- The audience would understand what makes Littmann different from other stethoscopes
- Understand what makes the Cardiology IV stethoscope better than previous cardiology scopes
- Understand where to get more information and/or buy a Littmann stethoscope
- Littmann stethoscopes are generally considered the gold standard for stethoscopes
- The cardiology IV stethoscope is a better scope than it's predecessor at a comparable cost
Q: Why would someone purchase a Littmann stethoscope rather than another brand?
A: Littmann has long been considered the gold standard for stethoscopes. Littmann is manufactured in the United States. More people in both human medicine and in the animal care world use Littmann stethoscopes than all other brands combined.
Q: How does the cardiology IV scope compare to other Littmann scopes?
A: The cardiology IV rates a 9 on the Littmann 1-10 rating scale. The only scope Littmann makes that is higher quality is an electronic scope, which is significantly more money than a cardiology IV
Q: Does the cardiology IV stethoscope replace a previous cardiology scope?
A: Yes, the cardiology IV scope actually replaces the cardiology III scope, which has long been the most popular stethoscope in the Littmann family.
Q: Is the Cardiology III scope still available to purchase? If so, why?
A: The cardiology III stethoscope was recently discontinued. The cardiology IV scope is a definite upgrade and at a cost that is only slightly more then the discontinued cardiology III line.
Q: What makes the Cardiology IV a better scope than it's predecessor?
A: There are 4 primary differences between the cardiology IV and it's predecessor: 1) the rim and diaphragm are once piece construction versus two pieces on the cardiology III. This helps keep dust out of the chestpiece. 2) updated tubing is less susceptible to skin oils, which means it will last longer. 3) we added a visual indicator on the metal just below the tubing that indicates which side (adult or pediatric) is active. and 4) we've extended the warranty from 5 years on the cardiology III to 7 years on the IV
Q: Where can someone purchase the cardiology IV scope and approximately how much could they expect to pay?
A: The cardiology IV scope can be purchased at your favorite animal care distributor. The cost is somewhere around $190 to $200
Q: Where can someone find more information about Littmann and the cardiology IV scope?
A: Check out Littmann.com for more information (two t's and two n's). Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What else should someone be aware of with the cardiology IV stethoscope?
A: The tubing comes in two different lengths, 22" or 27". The tubing also comes in 9 different colors, with several more colors coming soon. In addition, the chest piece is available in 6 different finishes
Q: What would you tell someone who is considering purchasing a new stethoscope?
A: The cardiology III scope had been Littmann's best selling scope for many years. With the introduction of the Cardiology IV scope this past year, the feedback we have received has been overwhelmingly positive. It is a great value in a cardiology grade stethoscope.
Let us know what you think.
Have an idea for a course, a question, or need assistance?